- This event has passed.
IC2 Webinar: The PFAS Universe: Uses, Classification, and Degradation
January 30, 2019
In this webinar, Bob Buck (The Chemours Company) and Steve Korzeniowski (BeachEdge Consulting for FluoroCouncil) discussed the uses, classification, and degradation of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), including:
- PFAS chemicals currently in use, with associated uses
- The universe of PFAS
- Q&A/discussion on the universe of substances and uses
- Degradation pathways (biotic/abiotic), half-lives, and breakdown products for those chemicals currently in use (in particular, for large-volume products, perfluoropolyether polymers, side-chain fluorinated polymers, and for products used in dispersive applications, like AFFF).
- Q&A/discussion on degradation pathways and degradation products
- Other topics and questions